Features and Benefits:
- The GBD 3 inch Flex-Hone surface finishing and deburring tool is designed for nominal bore sizes between 2.875 IN and 3.000 IN. This tool features 5.00 IN of abrasive globules which are composed of 180 grit Silicon Carbide and are excellent for mild steel, stainless steel and cast iron. 180 grit generally provides an Ra Finish range of 30 - 40 Microinch (.7 - 1 Micrometer). Significant changes in surface finish may require multiple grits to achieve the desired result. Overall tool length is 13.5 IN long and has a twisted wire stem for use in any collet, chuck, or similar holding device. The maximum speed for this diameter tool is between 600 - 900 RPM and a general feed rate of 150 - 250 ipm. Flex-Hone Tools are produced in an oversized condition by the manufacturer. Always order by your nominal bore diameter. If your nominal bore size is between standard sizes, order the next larger size.
- The Flex-Hone Tool is a resilient, flexible honing tool used to improve the internal surface finish while also being able to deburr a bore or cylinder. It is comprised of abrasive globules laminated onto the ends of flexible nylon filaments. Its unique construction allows the tool to be self-aligning, self-centering and self-compensating for wear. The tool provides the benefit of removing loose, torn and folded metal and creating a substantial flat or plateau surface. An additional important application for the Flex-Hone Tool is burr removal from cross-drilled holes and slots. The Flex-Hone is designed for a variety of automotive, hydraulic, pneumatic and industrial applications in sizes from 4mm ? 36'. The plateau finish achieved by the tool will provide better oil retention and sealing surfaces without changing bore geometry. Brush Research Manufacturing embraced the benefits of plateau finish and pioneered the concept of plateau honing, culminating in the introduction of the Flex-Hone Tool in 1972. The Flex-Hone Tool was originally created to deglaze cylinder walls in automotive applications and has gained many nicknames over the years including ball hones, flexihone, dingleberry hone, bead brush, glaze breaker, and glaze buster.
- In general, when operating, always have the tool rotating before entering the bore and direction of revolutions should not change while inside the piece. To avoid damage to the tool and maintain operation safety, do not run the tool at high speeds while unsupported outside of the intended bore. Do not apply a side load to the shank or stem and do not exceed manufacturer's recommendation for speed of rotation. Speed should be reduced on entry and exit of the intended bore to avoid any oscillation which may compromise the integrity of the shank or stem. Always use with ample lubricant or honing oil, do not use solvents.
Brush Research GBD31418 3-1/4 in. 120 Grit Flex Engine Cylinder Hone- BRMGBD3-1/4.
Warranty: 90 day warranty on material and workmanship
Shipping for any items over 1 lb are shipped via 3-7 days shipping and smaller accessories are shipped via a USPS 1st class. We ship via Fedex, UPS and USPS. Packages generally arrive within this time frame, but we are not responsible for carrier delays. If you paid extra for shipping we will issue you a shipping refund if your package does not arrive during the guaranteed time frame.
We strive to get all orders received before 1 PM shipped out the same day. This is in your local time. We ship from our warehouses and depending on our inventory, we ship from the closest location to you. Orders not shipped same day will be shipped the following day. We will contact you if for some reason there are any delays. We ship week days, Monday-Friday. We do not ship on Saturday or Sunday or on any USPS Holidays. Orders received after 1PM Friday - Sunday will ship on the following Monday, assuming Monday is not a Holiday.
Please Note: tracking numbers are not active until the shipping provider scans the package. This may be as late as 7 or 8 PM.
INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING POLICY
Sorry Free Shipping does not apply to International shipments.
For orders shipped outside the USA, Import duties, taxes and charges are not included in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior to placing your order. These charges are normally collected by the delivery carrier (shipping) company or when you pick the item up – do not confuse them for additional shipping charges.
We recommend the forwarding services of our Partner Shipping Company MyUs. They will provide you with your own USA address where you can ship our products to. Once delivered, you can forward them to over 225 countries directly from your MyUs account. Its simple and easy.
Please read more information about International Shipping.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
RETURNS & REFUND POLICY
Products with manufacturing defects must be reported within 30 days from receipt. All returns require a RMA number. Please contact us before returning an item otherwise it will be refused.
A restocking fee of 20% restocking fee will be applied on all non-damaged items which are returned and shipping will not be refundable.
All merchandise leaves our distribution warehouse in perfect condition. All damaged goods or shortages must be reported within 7 days from the receipt of goods.
If you receive a shipment that has exterior damage, has been opened or re-taped, you must file a claim at the time of delivery with the carrier. In this case please make sure the driver notes the damage. We recommend that you take pictures to help document the damages as well as save the original cartons and packing material for inspection by the carrier. Let us know immediately when you have had the driver note a problem.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
Book with obvious signs of use
CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email contact form with your information/request.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and he will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to provided by us address. Please firstly contact us for more details !
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.